Posted by Gelasan Toko in Home and Office Furniture on Wednesday, 10 July 2013
Furniture truly amplifies the beauty of your home and office. The more you take care of your home office furniture, the better it will look and its beauty will last for long time. There are some do's and don'ts that you need to keep in mind that can help in maintaining your furniture. Here are some of them:
- Placing tea cups or drinks on the home table can leave an unpleasant stain on it. Some stains may not go off easily and you may have to put effort to scrub off the stain. This can cause great damage to the furniture. Making use of coasters can greatly help in improving the life of the furniture.
- If you keep it at a certain spot for a very long time, it may start wearing out at certain areas. Hence, moving the furniture to a different location occasionally can maintain the life of the furniture. You can try rotating the cushions present on your bedroom furniture or you can even try positioning the bedroom staff differently.
- Leather furniture should not be kept under direct sunlight. The rays of the sun can fade out its color. You can make use of drapes or window curtains to protect your leather from sunlight.
- Dusting the furniture can reduce the life of the home office furniture. Rather than dusting the furniture, it is advisable to clean the furniture by making use of a clean cloth or by using the right kind of polish.
- Flip the mattress of your bedroom furniture and also rotate it periodically. Doing this not only maintains the life of the furniture but also helps in improving the life of your staff.
- Keep shoes off from your furniture. When guests come to visit you, you can ask them to keep the shoes on the shoe rack. Kids should also be made to understand that they should not keep their shoes off the furniture. The dirt marks that are caused by shoes are not easily removable. Removing them will not only consume time but also diminish its beauty.
- Using mattress protector for mattresses is important. It is very good way of protecting your bedroom furniture and mattresses from dust mites and bed bugs. Investing on mattress protectors can greatly in extending the life of your mattress.
- Dust mites and bed bugs can create quite a problem and ruin your furniture. Hence, it is advisable to call the pest control to perform get rid of such harmful insects.
- Liquids can ruin the beauty of your wooden home furniture. Hence, you should clean off liquid spills immediately. So the next time you drop any kind of liquid on your furniture make sure you wipe it off as quickly as possible.
- It is not advisable to keep heavy home office staff directly on the floor. Moving heavy furniture can not only cause great damage but also to the flooring. You can put bumpers under the legs of the furniture in order to move the furniture easily.